Usage of Information
- In order to properly process searches and manage our business affairs, we may gather personal information about visitors to the website. This includes information that is provided when you register, when you use the website or any of our products and services as well any interaction your browser may carry with us. Information gathered by us may be combined with information that is obtained from our business partners or additional 3rd party companies, such as data and billing providing companies and services.
- Information gathered regarding your person may include but is not limited solely to: name, residence, e-mail address, IP address and search history. Once you become a registered member and login to your account, you are no longer anonymous to us.
- By providing your e-mail address on our registration page, you are agreeing to receive mail from our completely free newsletter and e-mail alerting services. You comprehend that you may receive additional messages that are commercial in nature. You can stop receiving these messages at any point by simply following the “unsubscribe” link provided in any of these messages.
- Information is supplied automatically received and recorded on our servers from your browser, which includes IP address as well as cookies and page requests.
- Information is used for any number of general purposes which includes customizing advertising and content for you, provide better products and services, contacting your directly, market research, statistics gathering and reporting services for internal and external usage.
Disclosure of Information
- Information is provided to trusted partners who work with us or on our behalf. These companies may utilize your personal information to help provide you with information regarding offers from us or our marketing partners. This includes billing companies that may expedite payments or companies that may help protect you from identity theft, these companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- In certain situations, Segmentic Ltd. may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We respond to court orders, legal proceedings etc as well as establish our legal rights to defend against any legal claims.
- We reserve the right to upload judgment and share information in order to investigate or prevent any action that may resort in any illegal activity, fraud or anything that may place any individual under potential threats or harm their wellbeing as well as violations to our terms and conditions or any other situations required by law.
- We do not provide any information to advertisers when you are displayed a targeted advertisement through our website, services or products. However, you are agreeing to allow advertisers on making the assumption that you meet their criteria’s to display advertisements.
- In order to protect and minimize cases of frauds and\or misuse of the website or any of its services, we analyze purchases as well as attempted purchases, repeated or high-volume search activities, or any use on the website or any of its underlining services to help identify, intercept, interrupt or block individuals or suspected individuals involved in fraudulent or malicious activity involving the website and any our services. In addition, we may use this information with any of our Security partners as well as any law enforcement agency to assist any group or individual we have reason to believe was victimized or was about to be victimized by such misuse of our website.
- We Segmentic Ltd. and our marketing partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers (e.g. advertisers), use technologies such as cookies or similar technologies to analyze trends, administer the website, tracking users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
- Log Files: As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
- Information that can be used to identify your person, such as names, residence, passwords and such will not be stored in our cookies.
Editing and Accessing Your Information and Preferences
- Upon request Segmentic Ltd. will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may edit information regarding your account within our member’s area, by simply clicking on the “My Account” and then followed by clicking “Make Changes” or by emailing our Customer Support at [email protected] or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
- To remove yourself from any commercial e-mails or alerts sent to you by us, you can simply do so by following the unsubscribe link provided by any and all commercial messages sent to your e-mail.
- We reserve the right to send you information and communication relating to our service, such as service announcements, administration related messages, customer receipts and so forth without providing an opt-out option of receiving them. If you wish to no longer receive these emails, please contact us by clicking here or at [email protected]. We provide an option of opting-out of our living people searches completely free. Simply contact our support staff to do so.
Security and Confidentiality
- Access to your personal information is limited solely to employees and contractors who are assured to have reasons to come into contact with your personal information in order to perform their job or functionality.
- We utilize proper safeguards of a physical, electronic and procedural nature that comply with federal regulations and common Security best practices to protect your personal information. This includes the use of 128-bit SSL encryption of all credit and debit card transactions between you and our servers and our partners’ servers. All sensitive customer related data is protected by using encryption devices with full PCI DSS compliant audit logging as well as dedicated networks. All data is stored within secure location allowing access solely to the minimal required authorized personnel who can pass a multi layered identification process. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected].
We will retain and use your information for as long as your account is active or as need to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Links to Other web Sites
Social Media Widgets
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, or by means of a notice on our home page prior to the changes taking effect
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you can contact us by emailing [email protected], calling 855-595-0889. or writing to us at VINCheckPro.com, Attn: Privacy Department, 4526 S 143rd St, P.O. Box 391146, Omaha, NE 68139